Wednesday, June 20, 2007

One Word, Enthralling



Last night's Des Ark performance at the Cat's Cradle was nothing short of enthralling. This was the first time I had seen the band in over a year. Although I have seen Aimee perform solo, the full band adds a whole other dimension to the music.

Honestly, when she performs solo and acoustic, I often have to walk out of the room due to the heart-rending subject matter. The lyrics in her songs are so intense, that when she performs alone I feel the anguish within those songs so much more accutely. My instinct is to run.

Last night, I was transfixed and I wasn't going anywhere. The music and electrified energy of the performance was spellbinding. All I can say is the undulating guitars, the lasciviousness of the lyrics, and the dorky stories between songs are some good shit.

Listen Here

No comments: